17 September 2008

My 28th Birthday!!!





Garrett and I took a romantic little ferry ride over the East River. It starts at the Wall Street pier and gives the best view of the NY waterfalls - they are just a temporary thing that NY commissioned an artist to do. They're magnificent. It also gives a great view of the statue of liberty. We tried a few shots but they were a little hard to get with twilight and the boat moving. We had dinner in Brooklyn and then came home and Garrett had flowers and a miniature ice cream cake for me! Many of you won't appreciate that, but Garrett is kind of a health nut so he usually doesn't buy cake and things like that, so I was totally surprised!

It was a great day. Earlier, when Garrett was at school I took off on my own to explore Little Italy. It was basically just a carnival - there were games and fried Oreos and funnel cakes. But there were also some great restaurants on the side of the road. Probably worth a visit if you are coming to NY, but don't expect much. :)

12 comments:

Dinger said...

Garrett gets the best husband award this month!! Sounds super romantic, and lots of fun! New York really is beautiful isn't it? Happy Birthday Megan!!! Love ya always.

SD and EJ said...

I kept checking to see if you would write something about your birthday. Happy birthday! It sounds like you guys have so much fun. And I'm totally with Paige...Garrett gets the best husband award. I was hoping my baby would share a birthday with you, but she has decided she likes living inside of me too much to come out.

Alison said...

sounds like a great bday! i bet you were surprised bc earlier you said you probably wouldn't do anything to celebrate...that looks like a yummy cake!!! i want some!

Whitney & Charlie said...

Happy Birthday Megs! That looks like fun!

melbel said...

Wow, happy birthday! Leave it up to Garrett for making your day special! :) We still hope the invitation for visitors is open...someday we want to see the beauties you get to see every day!

Mil said...

Oh to be young again! ha. Garrett such a smooth one. Sounds like you guys are having fun up there. Happy bday Meg! Ps. did I tell you number 2 is coming?

The Cannons said...

That's sounds like tons of fun. Happy Birthday.
Mitzi

Texas Welch's said...

You guys are so lucky to be able to have these experiences. It sounds like a birthday to remember!!! Happy Birthday to You!!! Love & miss you guys-Jo

jackster said...

At least I was a day early and a day late but Happy Birthday :) You and your frosting!

Megan Andersen said...

Garrett definitely scored a few points in my book--HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know I keep saying this...but I seriously am so jealeous of you two!! Happy for you at the same time though. I love the curtains, Colleen is so cute--

Darla said...

Happy birthday Meg! Are you guys just having a BLAST out there?? Hopefully we'll move back to VA so we can come visit, okay??

Anonymous said...

what a great suprise. Meg happy birthday. I miss you guys but what a great place to live. luv ya both luv tiffany