04 September 2008

My favorite things about New York . . . so far

1. Subway rats - seriously, I am a little disappointed when I don't see one because they are pretty big fellas, and It seems so strange that they just run around ten feet away and no one cares

2. Brooklyn accents - They're real! I have heard "Forgetaboutit!" twice, and yesterday this man explained that he was washing the sidewalks because they had gotten "doyty." I thought Hollywood had overdone the accent, but honestly I think the movies tone it down a bit so that you can still understand.

3. The Brooklyn library - It was built in 1903 and is one small room with maybe 5,000-8,000 books

4. The lady I saw in Central Park carrying her dog in a baby sling. It was a Shih tzu and his back was against her chest and his legs were dangling out the leg holes in front. Somebody forgot to explain "walk the dog" to her.

5. The nannies in Central Park - girls, Nanny Diaries is right on! They're EVERYWHERE! Old, young . . . they gather in groups and let the kids play while they talk about nanny troubles. I was having my own Nanny diary moment thinking - man, that job would be way better than being a lawyer! I snapped out of it. . . Thank you Annie Braddock, for teaching me that other peoples' children are not fun to be with 24/7.

Hmm. I know there is more, but I'll save it for another post.

4 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

I love Central Park...Ryan & I want to come visit sooo badly! How exciting to beable to live in a New city like that (we are seriously so jealeous of you guys). Keep us posted on all the fun stuff going on there, & really let us know when would be a good time to come (maybe when Garrett has a break from school). I will get a nanny to come stay with the kiddos.

The Cannons said...

That's really cool you guys live in New York. I think your apartment is really nice and big especially for a New York apartment. I've heard horror stories about NY apartments.
Mitzi

Dinger said...

My Favorite memories about Megan...so far
1. Her back rubs! Man my shoulders hurt right now.
2. Pretty in Pink: Get me some purple dinosour kool-aid and shot glasses and we are set!
3. Great Clips: Our Barbie's were beauties when we got done with them...How old where we??
4. 7-11 runs: nachos and slurpee's are always nutritious at 10:30 pm right???
5. Karaoke anyone?? Megan and I are a pretty good duo.
and last but not least.....

6. Talking until 1:00 in the morning...always wholesome converstaions...yeah right!!

I could think of a million more.

I know you will enjoy New York!! Just keep calling me and sharing what's new in your life!

lauren ann said...

I am laughing do hard- how classic. I think you should do a Pattytown list next...