30 September 2009

That's how we roll

Many of you commented on Garrett's post about a year ago, when he was yearning for a certain "Bellisima." She has arrived.


This post goes out to all of you wives who won't "let" your husband get a motorcycle.

First, congratulations on learning to control your man. I have no idea how that is done. The imagery that comes to mind is the Ghostbusters. Remember when they were in the library with that magical machine that sucked the ghost up into it? This is what I imagine most women do to their husband's wild sides. Understand this . . . I am no less powerful or persuasive than you, but as you'll recall, even the Ghostbusters eventually came up against something their little soul-sucking machine couldn't handle . . . . the Marshmallow Puff Man (meet Garrett's wild side). As your childhood memory will recall, they chose to blow the pour guy into sugary slime to keep him under control. But how could I do that to someone as charming and sweet as the Puff Man . . . . ahem . . I mean, Garrett.


Second, what is wrong with you? Have you seen your husband on an Italian designed and manufactured beauty "designed perfectly to balance sports performance, riding pleasure, and stunning looks"??? (see ducati.com if your interest is piqued) You're seeing mine right here, and we're all thinking it, so I'll go ahead and say it . . . SEXY. Have you considered the exhiliration of wrapping your arms around a muscular man in leathers and a black Shoei helmet on your way to the grocery store? Does your husband come to you when he gets home from a long day and ask, not once, but twice, "are you sure you don't have any errands you need me to run?"


Really? You'd rather keep your minivan?


Welcome to our family, Bellisima, we're happy to have you.

Ride on.

18 comments:

em said...

In our fam, it's the other way around. I'm just waiting for the day my hub has no more excuses for me to not get a motorcycle. Ride on, indeed! (Just wear your helmet!)

MaryAnn said...

Do they have gangs in Texas?

Alison said...

LOVE it! great post meg, sad to say that my man is much for controlled than yours...poor mike!

SD and EJ said...

That is so funny because I have told Eric on more than one occasion that he can't have a motorcycle. But I have to say, you make a good point. If it isn't totally inappropriate to say this, your husband does look pretty sexy.

shh said...

You warned me that those monetary birthday and Christmas gifts we sent may some day be used for something we may not totally approve of. Looks fun and we are glad you finally spent your stash on something you really wanted. I have noticed, however, that for the last 3 weeks Ray prays for your safety on a daily basis.

caseyandmelody said...

LOL!!!!! I'M DYING HERE!!!!! He's even got all the gear to match! This is incredible!!!

Dinger said...

Hottie! Hottie! and Hottie!! Maybe I'll let Dan get a skooter that he can ride around the neighborhood going no more than 20 mph. . .yeah, he might look kinda sexy circling around the neighborhood again and again as long as I let him get a leather bikers jacket and a cool helmet. I might even get on the back and make a circle myself. ;)

DARLA said...

Alright, we need Meg in the cliche bikini standing beside the bike. Lets make this a complete picture of masculine fantasy. Garret props to you on once again allowing me to live through you. Maybe someday I'll dig up my 82 honda xl, and equipped with training wheels I will ride beside you.
Rock on rock stars.

Chris said...

Garrett I want the next picture posted to be of you doing a hand stand on the freeway!

Darla said...

Bellisima. Great name. Careful, you two! (;

Heather said...

Dickson is jealous! He wants a motorcycle really bad, but like another person who posted, I'd be fine just getting him a scooter. Is it sexy if he wears leather on a scooter? However, you have inspired me to maybe one day make his fantasies (the motorcylce... :)) a reality. Ride on!

x said...

Okay I agree. Motorcycles are totally sexy. (Okay I'm going to give you a hard time here. I have to, its my job ;) )...

A Ducati?!!

No, no, no...

Harley! Leather vests, ripped jeans, wild hair and drag pipes that will leave you deaf until next Sunday.

But you did inspire me Meg! Years of working with Intermountain Organ Recovery have admittedly made me a utterly resistant to letting Scott fix up his bike.

So here is to dusting off the wild side sitting in the closet.

To Scott: Next Spring, you can fix up the bike. But there is only one condition. I don't want to ride on the back. I want my own! (Oh wait, 2nd condition...lets up the payout on our life insurance policies.)

Megan Andersen said...

Oh, there is no looking back now!

Megan Andersen said...

I here your not "Roll n" anymore...where's that update??

Brooke said...

Congrats on the new addition guys:)

Pete and I were just talking the other day about the good ol' SD days when G was drooling of the Ducati's. And Pete was on his bullet bike. Why did he sell it? Well, it's great when dreams become realities.

Well said... ride on!

Megan Andersen said...

So are you guys back to Rollin' again yet??! Well if not, & your not too busy or anything, send me over your new address so that I can send out some merry cheer your way!! megryan6901@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Darla said...

What's up with you two?!! New post, please! Or facebook?

Family Man said...

When I saw your Bellissima, a tear welled up in my eye and I finally understood what it meant to truly "covet." I can openly wish you many sweet rides where you and your partner become one navigating the curves and twists of life, but I will do my best to hide an obvious yearning for the same. Ride on Garrett... ride on! - jesse