03 September 2008

Brooklyn!

Okay, here are the long awaited pictures of our pad. You wouldn't believe what I've had to go through in order to find a computer to download these, so you much have to do without descriptions. I think you can figure it out though. I'll get pics of the street next time. I just forgot! I know you are all going to be dying to come visit now that you've seen this place! Ha! just kidding, but seriously, you should see the other places we looked at!

So this is the miniature sink in our bathroom! In fact, this is the miniature bathroom.

Shower. Yes, it's that small.
Kitchen with the hanging pan arrangement - very functional with our lack of storage space.
So this is the cute bed! It's a ginormous king size! With a tempurpedic three in top on it! Spectacular

This is the before picture of the dresser I refinished and the after picture can be seen later down when you just see it in the bedroom.
Here's the kitchen including my cute IKEA table and my $20 micowave! And our totally sweet hybrid washer/dryer all in one combo!
The retro white couch! I told Garrett that something about it just reminds me of Chevy Chase in Caddy Shack. Very late 70s-80s, but we like it. :)
This is Garrett 3 stories high setting up our clothes line! NO, I did not encourage him to do this. I was inside with my hands dripping wet with sweat (that's what happens to me when I worry) :)

Here's our "decorative fireplace" ha! aka nonfunctional. And my refinished dresser!!! You can't see that it is cherry color, but it is. Cute.
Another bedroom shot. That is our sweet shoe-door hanger Garrett is standing in front of.
Red couch #2 in the guest-room/reading room (that's what I call it because we don't have a TV yet)

So that's it! Hope you guys will all come visit now!!!!!!!

13 comments:

SD and EJ said...

It's so cute! How cool is it that you live in New York? I really do want to come visit. Maybe I can convince Eric...

MaryAnn said...

This looks like a nice apt. How many rooms? I did not see a living room but only a white couch in a hallway and a red couch in a hallway. Was I confused.Why would you put a clothesline out the window? HOw will you hang things on it? Also why don't you have a computer? What is the view out your window?vI have too many questions.

Alisha said...

Yes, yes. I do like the newest apartment design from the dynamic Welch duo. Like their previous work, very minimalist. However, this time they downsized in space, but upsized in style. More Target chic than Dollar General chic. I see the recurring use of red microfiber seating. Perhaps a new trademark? I like what they've done with the place.

Dinger said...

Love what you've done to the place! Isn't it hard to stand in a sideways shower?? Look's like Garrett's figured it out. Ha! Ha! Very cute, I should have you come decorate my place. Take a picure of your view so I can see the city. Miss ya!

Megan Andersen said...

Move over Welch's cuz the Andersen's are a comin'!!!

Mil said...

I have this sweet dish rack from ikea that you can put above your sink and it folds up. So when you come visit or we come visit you can have it. Ps. do you have a car? wow I am still so stoked that Garrett is in Dental school. And even better that you guys are close. PSS. we do have a spare room and a whole basement including a big tv that you guys are free to use anytime plus internet. PSSS. Check our blog.

Whitney & Charlie said...

I agree with Maryann, are those hallways where your couches are?! That looks so fun to be in NY. I would love to come visit and see the real NY to hear the people's accents. Do you ever get up and starting dancing and singing like the Newsies?! Oh, and how did you refinish your dresser, it looks good!

Anonymous said...

Wow for NYC that's a pretty sweet pad! I'm totally jealous of that hybrid washer/dryer. I need to find one of those!

--Crystal Y-O

meg said said...

Hmm. Didn't think I'd have to explain this, but I guess some people aren't familiar with New York Apartments (Maryann and Whitney!) those are not hallways - in NY they are called "rooms." :) So supposedly we live in a 4 "room" apartment - basically one big hallway with some indentations. :)

Alison said...

looks awesome! plan on up being there christmas morning, what more could you want for christmas...seriously?

Hmm said...

Looks like there is plenty of room for Deborah and I eh? I call the sleeping spot between the bed and the non-functioning fireplace. It looks mighty comfy.
Jaran

The Cannons said...

I need more of an explanation on that clothesline picture. Is he on top of someone's roof or something? Is he stringing the clothes line between your balcony and a billboard or something? I'm so intrigued. New York sounds like a trip.

Scott

Pete and Repete said...

Hey man, I'm a little slow on the blog, but that's a great place. When Brooke and I were advertising directors for a major marketing firm, we got to know that jewel of a city. We'd love to visit. Wish we could. Good luck in school.